February 2023 Meeting Minutes
Meeting Minutes for Feb. 21, 2023 Membership Meeting @ 7:00PM
Meeting Place: Bailey’s Pour Haus
Meeting called to order – 7:02pm
Roll Call: Dennis, Jim J, Robby, Amy, Julie, Bob G, Tyler, and Dean. Absent: Jim W., Toby W., Bob P. Twenty-three members attended.
Previous Minutes: January 10, 2023 Membership Meeting Minutes. Motion to approve – Patty Martin, seconded by Bob Goble.
Treasurer’s Report: January 2023 Financial Report (Julie)
Julie reviewed the January 2023 financial report including the first payment on the Holland T6 Groomer (~$27,000), and all the expenses and revenue related to Snow Fun Day. Motion to approve – Robby Juran, seconded by Jim Juran.
Membership Secretary’s Report (Robby)
We have 101 new members to the club this season for a total of 481 members! 69 are Gold members (donated
$50 or more with their registration-THANK YOU!) along with an additional 21 members that made additional donations with their membership. Motion to approve – Kevin Clarkson, seconded by Dean Martin.
Administrative Secretary’s Report (Amy)
The club received a thank you note from the Christian Food Pantry in response to all the food that was donated by members from the January meeting. Thank you for your continued support!
- Snow Fun Day – Overall, a huge success! Thank you to everyone that donated, attended and volunteered their time. Funds raised with help support the first payment of the Holland T6 groomer!
- Brat Frys – Mark your calendar for Saturday, July 14th and Friday, August 4th!
- Board Member Bob Goble, Club members Diane Fitzpatrick and Sue Bessert are representing the election committee. Prior to the election in March, if any have an interest in running for the Board, please contact Diane at 715-340-8824.
Motion to approve – Julie Pommering, seconded by Kevin Clarkson.
Trail Report: (Bob P.)
- Bob was not present to give a trail report, but the pending snow storm and condition of the trails were discussed. The trails along the roads that were exposed to the sun have melted down. The trails in the woods have mostly a thin ice base. Once we get snow, we’ll evaluate whether to pack it down with the groomers, or let the snowmobiles ride on it first to pack it down. With colder temperatures in the forecast, we would then be able to groom it.
Old Business: (Dennis)
- Clothing available – Please contact Brian Fitzpatrick (715-340-6262) or go to the Paulbunyanriders.com website for apparel needs.
New Business: (Dennis)
- Annual Elections in March: Positions to be voted on are Vice President (Jim Wisneski is not running), Administrative Secretary Amy Klapper, and Board Members Dean Martin, Toby Warden, and Jim Juran. Since Tyler Hundt will be running for VP his board member position is open (for a one-year term). Laurie Asher shared her interest in running for the Board.
- Website update – PBR will transition to a new website provider, Scott Bertz. Once it is updated, Scott will provide training to keep the site updated with posting newsletters, meeting minutes, and removing old information. Sue Bessert volunteered to lead this effort. Thanks Sue!!!!
- AWSC Spring Convention with Election of Officers will be held March 24-26 in Green Bay at the Radisson Hotel and Convention Center. The deadline for submitting votes is Friday, March 10, 2023. Motion was made by Brian Fitzpatrick, and seconded by Jim Juran to have Oconto County Director Deb Uhlenbrauck represent PBR at the meeting for voting in the election.
- We are looking for someone to take over the Clothing Apparel responsibility. Contact Dennis Pommering (262-709-6288), or any of the board members if interested.
- Groomer Appreciation Party Sunday, April 2 at River Island Golf Club in Oconto Falls. Hosted by Oconto Falls
Sno Jokers. If you wish to attend, please let Dennis Pommering know.
- The Grand National Land Speed Radar Run will occur Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 1pm, just ¼ mile west of Phil’s Philling Station. Come join this fun event!
- Next Membership Meeting: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 7pm at Firelite Lounge. (Elections will take place).
- Door Prize- Thanks to Brian Bailey that donated a couple of bottles of liquor – won by Dean Martin and Diane Fitzpatrick.
- 50-50 Raffle – Tim Schoeder won the $57.
Motion to Adjourn at 7:42pm was made by Jim Juran, seconded by Jim Asher, all approved.
Thank you to Bailey’s Pour Haus and Brian Bailey for hosting the PBR Membership meeting!
Archived Meeting Minutes