December 2022 Meeting Minutes
Meeting Minutes for Dec. 13, 2022 Membership Meeting @ 7:00PM
Meeting Place: Mulligan’s Sports Bar
Call meeting to order: 7:07pm
Dennis opened the meeting with a moment of silence for our dear member, Karen Baye, who passed away last Saturday with Bernie by her side. She was a long-time volunteer that always helped out at Snow Fun Day, Brat Frys and anything else that needed to be done. She will be missed by all.
Roll Call: Present: Dennis, Jim W, Jim J, Robby, Amy, Julie, Bob G, Tyler, Dean. Not present: Toby, Bob P. Thirty- five members in attendance.
Previous Minutes: November 8, 2022 Membership Meeting Minutes. Motion to approve-Patty Martin, seconded by Julie Pommering.
Treasurer’s Report: November 2022 Financial Report (Julie)
Julie reviewed the November 2022 financial report including the reimbursement of the trail rehab project and money coming in from the $100 and $10 raffle tickets. Motion to approve-Jim Juran, seconded by Brian Fitzpatrick.
Membership Secretary’s Report (Robby):
We have 57 new members so far this season for a total of 401 members. 56 are Gold members (donated $50 or more with their registration-THANK YOU!) along with 46 Business Boosters. Business Booster, Billy Stephan from Billy Goats Bar, presented money to the club for his ‘grow or shave the beard challenge’ at his bar. So far, he is keeping the beard and donating the money to PBR. Motion to approve-Tim Mauer, seconded by Dean Martin.
Administrative Secretary’s Report (Amy):
- Reminder that the Poker Run Books are available at 40 local establishments (5 new ones).
- Snow Fun Day – our key fundraiser to be held Saturday, January 28, 2023 from 2pm to 7pm. Mark your calendars, and invite family and friends!
- $10 Raffle Tickets – Mailing of tickets went out much earlier this year, thus we are ahead of schedule on selling them. Get yours today at many local establishments. All CASH prizes totaling $2,900!
- Basket Raffles – We currently have around a dozen baskets and we continuing to gather items to put in the various basket raffles so if you can donate anything please contact us. Our goal is to have 12-15 basket raffles.
- Spin Wheel – We are working on filling about 60 spins (240 items) including meat, liquor or gift certificates. Anything you wish to donate, contact us. Spin Tickets will be $2 a piece, and we will have four winners per ticket, increasing your chances to win a prize!
- $100 Raffle Tickets are available – Grand prize is $5,000 CASH with many other cash prizes, very limited number of tickets left.
- Volunteers – Diane Fitzpatrick is coordinating our volunteers for Snow Fun Day; volunteers are needed for shifts from 2pm-4:30pm and 4:30-7pm. If you can help out, let Diane know.
- Advertising/communication – Posters have been put up around the community and banners will be hung around town soon. We’ll advertise in the local papers, the Wisconsin Snowmobile Magazine, our website and Facebook. Follow us for updated information and invites.
- Parking – Additional parking will be available along with a shuttle service from the extra lot to Waubee Lake Lodge. Watch for signs for this free shuttle service.
OVERALL – We need volunteers, donation items, and for your family and friends to attend Snow Fun Day to help raise money to keep the trails in great shape! You can contact us three ways.
- Email us at Paulbunyanriders@gmail.com
- Contact us via our website www.paulbunyanriders.com
- Message us at Paul Bunyan Riders on Facebook
Motion to approve-Al Luedtke, seconded by Mike Bessert.
Trail Report: (Dennis)
- All the machines are ready for panning and preparing the trails after we get the big snowfall that is expected this week. Trails are NOT open yet. Trail openings are based on several factors such as; snow amount and weather conditions, surrounding clubs opening, National Forest input, and Oconto County. Watch our FB page and Website for updates!
- Motion to approve – Julie Pommering, seconded by Amy Klapper.
- All of the DOT Numbering Signs have been completed and will align with the new DOT Snowmobile Map.
- Clothing available – Please contact Brian Fitzpatrick (715-340-6262) or go to the Paulbunyanriders.com website for apparel needs.
- New Oconto County maps are available at local establishments. The new maps are up on all of our kiosks along the PBR trails. Electronic versions of the maps will be posted on the website, as well.
- Next Membership Meeting: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 7pm, at Waubee Lake Lodge.
- Door Prize – Thanks to Pam and Don from Mulligan’s Sports Bar that donated a bottle of Crown Royal –won by Carl Vandervern.
- 50-50 Raffle – Dean Martin won $67.
- Thank you to Pam and Don at Mulligan’s Sports Bar for hosting the PBR Membership meeting including great food and drinks!
Motion to Adjourn at 7:55pm was made by Mike Bessert, seconded by Robby Juran, all approved.
Archived Meeting Minutes